Arcane Ermine seeks to add a multi-skilled Level Designer to our close-knit indie team. Here you will work closely with the Creative Director, Game Designer, Artists, and Engineers to conceptualize, design, and develop high quality levels for a third person single player game.
If you are passionate about level design and excited to work on a small team where you will have a strong voice, we look forward to meeting you.
- Work directly with the Game Designer and Creative Director to execute on the creative vision of the game
- Proactively contribute creative gameplay ideas throughout the game creation process
- Layout and construct game environments in Unreal Engine 4 to establish pacing, flow, points of interest, and discovery
- Collaborate with programmers to establish tools and controls for gameplay mechanics and NPC behaviors you may need
- Aid in running playtests and iterate test levels based on feedback from the Game Designer, Creative Director, and testers
- Collaborate with artists to balance aesthetic and gameplay needs with technical guidelines to deliver the product vision
- Experience in the game industry as a level designer
- Accept critique and implement feedback as well as advocate for the best gameplay experience. Game development is a team sport.
- Good time management skills including the ability to work autonomously and a solid understanding of efficient game development processes
- Exceptional and proactive visual, written, and verbal communication
- Strong sense of composition, space, and scale in 3D
- Outstanding grasp of level flow & pacing
- Visual eye for scene setting, sight lines, and areas of interest
- Experience grey boxing levels to a professional standard
- Strong understanding of lighting, both artistically and practically in Unreal Engine 4
- Level Design portfolio exhibiting knowledge and skill in all aspects of the process
- Education in Game Design, Architecture, Art, or Engineering
- Experience in creating levels for stealth style games
- Additional skills in other areas of game development