Arcane Ermine is looking for an experienced, team-oriented, self-motivated Unreal Engine 4 Lead Engineer for ongoing work with our project. Salary will depend on the candidate’s experience. Please submit an application even if you feel you don’t fit every requirement on this listing, we value all applicants and often hire individuals who do not have a perfect skill fit.
- Use UE4’s framework to create game systems and features in C++ and Blueprint, factoring external direction and team feedback.
- Guide Blueprint developers to create work that adheres to the design of game systems while maintaining good style and optimization standards.
- Dive into the UE4 source to make necessary architectural changes with understanding of how that will affect future versions of the engine.
- Use source control to protect the code, and use bug reporting software to manage issues that need to be fixed. Must also know how to properly prioritize bugs.
- Use and manage task tracking software to assign and track the progress of programming tasks for the team.
- Work with emerging technologies to create new tools and systems for interactive real-time production.
- Ensure software meets performance benchmarks.
- Produce clean, well-documented code.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years experience as a software engineer, with at least 2 years in a leadership position.
- 4+ years experience with Unreal Engine 4.
- 4+ years with C++, both within the confines of Unreal and in general.
- Experience launching several shipped titles.
- Understanding of Computer Science fundamentals.
- Strong skills in 3D math and linear algebra.
- Working knowledge of the content creation tools and processes involved in real-time 3D asset production.
- Experience with Python, and with pipeline scripting in Autodesk Maya or other DCC applications.
- Work experience creating a Third Person or Stealth game.
- Desire to relocate to Reno, NV/Surrounding areas (relocation assistance available)