Arcane Ermine seeks to add a multi-skilled 3D Character Artist to our close-knit indie team. Here you will work closely with the Creative Director, Game Designer, Artists, and Engineers to conceptualize, design, and develop high quality characters for a third person single player game.
If you are passionate about 3D Character Art and excited to work on a small team where you will have a strong voice, we look forward to meeting you. This is a full time position with benefits.
- Work directly with the Game Designer, Creative Director, and Concept team to create 3D Characters
- Ability to adapt to a specified art direction
- Bring a variety of characters to life, humanoid and robotic, organic and hard surface
- Proficiency with standard DCC tools like Maya, Blender, Zbrush, etc
- Familiarity with the Unreal Engine animation pipeline
- Understanding of high to low poly asset creation workflows
- Polygonal modeling proficiency and understanding of how topology affects rigging and animation
- Willingness to accept critique and implement feedback as well as articulate your vision. Game development is a team sport.
- Experience animating organic and hard surface characters
- Experience rigging characters and other gameplay objects
- Additional skills in other areas of game development
- Motivated to learn best practices for your role and learn additional game development skills (We offer paid learning options)
Please submit an application even if you feel you don’t fit every requirement on this listing, we value all applicants and often hire individuals who do not have a perfect skill fit.