Arcane Ermine seeks to add a multi-skilled 3D Character Artist to our close-knit indie team. Here you will work closely with the Creative Director, Game Designer, Artists, and Engineers to conceptualize, design, and develop high quality characters for a third person single player game.
If you are passionate about 3D Character Art and excited to work on a small team where you will have a strong voice, we look forward to meeting you. This is a full time position with benefits.
- Work directly with the Game Designer, Creative Director, and Concept team to create 3D Characters
- Ability to adapt to a specified art direction
- Bring a variety of characters to life, humanoid and robotic, organic and hard surface
- Proficiency with standard DCC tools like Maya, Blender, Zbrush, etc
- Familiarity with the Unreal Engine animation pipeline
- Understanding of high to low poly asset creation workflows
- Polygonal modeling proficiency and understanding of how topology affects rigging and animation
- Willingness to accept critique and implement feedback as well as articulate your vision. Game development is a team sport.
- Experience animating organic and hard surface characters
- Experience rigging characters and other gameplay objects
- Additional skills in other areas of game development
- Motivated to learn best practices for your role and learn additional game development skills (We offer paid learning options)